T造句

We can't accept the fragmentation or balkanization of the country.
我们不能接受使国家分裂或巴尔干化的行为。

'Well, of course, they haven't won a football game.' — 'And what would you expect?'.
“嗯,当然,他们一场足球比赛也没有赢过。”——“那么你所期望的是什么呢?”

Steve didn't have the benefit of a formal college education...
史蒂夫没能接受正规的大学教育。

Hopewell's success begs the question: why aren't more companies doing the same?
霍普韦尔的成功让人不禁要问:为什么其他公司不效仿呢?

He won't allow himself to fail...
他不会任由自己失败的。

She bore no ill will. If people didn't like her, too bad...
她没有恶意。如果人们不喜欢她,那就太糟糕了。

I don't want to be left holding the bag if something goes wrong.
如果出了什么问题,我可不想替人背黑锅。

I'm afraid I can't help you...
恐怕我帮不了你。

His anger was real. It wasn't an act.
他是真的生气了,不是在摆样子。

If you can't find any decent apples, you can always try growing them yourself...
如果你找不到像样的苹果,你总还可以试着自己种。

It became blatantly obvious to me that the band wasn't going to last...
我觉得很明显该乐队长久不了。

The old judge doesn't like the thought of no one going in to bat for the accused.
老法官不希望没有人为被告辩护。

You can't beat soap and water for cleansing.
做清洁没有比用肥皂和水更好的了。

It was a relief that his real name hadn't been appended to the manuscript.
令人庆幸的是,手稿未落上他的真实姓名。

He didn't want to go against the wishes of the German government...
他不想违抗德国政府的意愿。

George Orwell once asked, apropos of publishers, 'Why don't they just say, “We don't want your poems”?'
乔治·奥威尔一次提及出版商时曾问道:“为什么他们不干脆说,‘我们不想要你的诗作’?”

We mustn't belittle her outstanding achievement...
我们一定不能小瞧了她所取得的杰出成就。

I never understood why he didn't just accede to our demands at the outset.
我一直搞不懂他为什么不一开始就同意我们的要求。

Wouldn't it be better putting a time-limit on the task?...
是不是给这项任务规定一个时限比较好?

I didn't get an apology...
还没有向我道歉。